NEWS & EVENTS
• In February 2022, Rachel Bennett, Founder of the Nursing Home Card Project was honored to speak with Senator Wyden along with Present and Vice-President of Gray Panthers NYC, Jack Kupferman and Michelle Arnot, to ask him to speak about why Gray Panthers is such an important organization and most importantly, to ask him to expedite the passing of a Minimum Federal Staffing law, ensuring nursing homes have adequate staff to care for our nations' most vulnerable population.
• Rachel had a meeting with New York State Brad Hoylman in March 2023 to brainstorm on the staffing crisis nursing homes are facing in the state of New York. She asked Senators Hoylman to push for immigrants to receive work permits quickly and asked if there is a way CNAs can be trained to work as CNAs in nursing homes.
• Thank you to Papyrus for sending cards to the Sarah Roberts French Home in San Antonio Texas!
• Thank you to the stationary stores She Said It and And the Moon Will Rise for donating HUNDREDS of cards to Nursing Home Card Project that two schools in New York City will write sentiments in and send to Nursing Homes we are sponsoring this Autumn!
• Thank you NYU Stern School of Business for sending cards to Stoddard Baptist Nursing Home in Washington DC!
• Thank you Pear Solutions for sending cards to Hamilton Grove Nursing Home in Mercerville, New Jersey!
• Thank you to Kid On The Town for your continued enthusiastic partnership and website assistance.